Welcome to a new school year. I am Michelle Carroway and this is my seventh school year teaching the fifth grade at B.F. Grady Elementary School. I was born and raised in Onslow County. I graduated from University of North Carolina at Wilmington in 2004. I am excited to begin teaching a new group of unique individuals. I expect everyone to stay focused and work hard. We will have a very successful year as long as we all work together. I hope that you will contact me any time there is a need. I will return your call as soon as possible. School number: 252-568-3487
Listed below are the Rules and procedures for our class, as well as the 5th grade supply list.
5th Grade Rules and Procedures
Welcome! We are excited about the beginning of a new year, and meeting all our students. We are looking forward to working with you both parents and guardians. We would like to encourage parental contact and involvement throughout the school year. Please make us aware of concerns that may arise in the future. We would like to discuss our rules and procedures for our classrooms.
1. Students are to arrive in the classroom between 7:45-8:00 a.m. and be prepared to work. This includes the following tasks: eating breakfast, sharpening pencils, organizing books and supplies, and restroom breaks.
2. Students are to remain quiet while leaving the classroom. In addition, students are to walk in a single file line at all times, remain quiet when in the hallway, restroom breaks, and traveling to lunch.
3. Students are to move around the classroom in a quiet and respectful manner.
4. Students are to raise their hand and wait patiently for the teacher to call on them before leaving their seats for any reason.
5. Students are to be respectful towards all B.F. Grady staff and faculty and obey their rules.
6. Prior to leaving school, students are to quietly and respectfully pack their bags and wait for the bell to ring.
7. Students are to behave appropriately and respectfully during lunchtime. This includes the following: no playing with food, using appropriate utensils, remain seated after receiving lunch, speaking in a quiet voice, and throw away all trash when instructed by the teacher.
8. Also, two students will be assigned per week to clean tables at lunch.
1. Students must read, understand, and obey all school rules located within their agenda book.
2. Students must keep all hands, feet, comments, and objects to themselves.
3. Students are to listen to others during class discussions.
4. Students are to turn in all assignments at the designated date.
5. Students are to bring all books and supplies to school every day.
6. Students are to respect teacher and fellow classmates.
7. NO FOOD OR DRINKS ALLOWED IN CLASS UNLESS DIRECTED BY TEACHER.
2. Positive notes or calls home (random)
3. Recess or free time in class
5. Movie and popcorn party for class
6. Free homework pass
7. Lunch with a friend from another fifth grade class
If You Choose to Break a Rule
1. Name on the board. This is your warning.
2. Silent Lunch
4. A call home to parents.
5. Infraction Referral written and sent to office.