Warsaw Middle School has 227 students in grades six through eight. Our teachers are 100% highly qualified and 32% have advanced degrees. We are located in Warsaw, North Carolina near exit 364 of Interstate 40. Our philosophy is that every student who comes to our school can and will learn.
In 1924, Rev. Matthew S. Branch founded the school, which met in three area churches. A new school was built; and, in August of 1925, the first students attended the school and the first seventh grade graduation was held. During the next few years, additional grades were added. In 1929, the first graduating class of eleven students was held, and the school attracted students from throughout Duplin County. The school was named Douglass High School after escaped slave Frederick Douglass. The building was destroyed by fire in 1946 and rebuilt. The last class to graduate from Douglass High was in May 1969. The school was reopened in the fall of 1969 as Warsaw Junior High School. In 1988, the school became known under its current name as Warsaw Middle School.
Warsaw Middle School