• Frequently Asked Questions

    -If you wish to ONLY make prepayments, there is no fee to set up the account, other than the processing fee that is charged by your debit or credit card company to enable the transaction. 


    -If you wish to have access to your child’s account information, premium service is available for a one-time fee of $10.00 that is charged to set up your account.  Each transaction will have a processing fee of $1.95 to handle the associated banking fees for credit card transactions. 

    • You will always be provided with the cost information before any payment is processed. 
    • One online payment can be split among all of the students attached to your account, with no additional cost. 

    What does the registration fee include?
    The registration fee gives you access to your student’s lunchroom balance and meal history, and offers e-mail notification when the account balance drops below a limit you have set.  The year begins on the day that you register.  It includes all the students in your family who attend school in the same district. 

    What does the processing fee cover?
    The payment fee covers the fees that the credit card company charges for processing the transaction. 

    Do I have to pay a separate registration fee for each student?
    No, one registration fee covers all the students in your family who attend school in the same district for a full calendar year. 

     What is my student’s Student ID?
    The Student ID is a unique number assigned by your child’s school--their Powerschool number.  (It is NOT the same as the 3 or 4-digit lunch number that is used in the cafeteria.)  It is usually printed on report cards and correspondence that you receive from the school.  Please contact your child’s school if you do not know your child’s Powerschool number. 

    How do I set up a low balance notification?
    Go to My Account – Manage Profile and enter the Low Balance amount.  Check Send Notifications.  You will receive an e-mail when the balance drops below the amount you set.  (You must have Premium service to use this feature.) 

    How do I find out what my student has been buying for lunch?
    Go to My Account – Meal History and click on student name.  (You must have premium service to use this feature.) 

    Why are there fees for this service? 
    The fees cover the costs of maintaining the secure web site and the fees that are charged to us for processing credit card payments.  School districts do not have funds available for this type of expense. 

    Most web sites use revenue from advertising and sales to maintain the web site.  Since there is no advertising on K12PaymentCenter.com, and we never sell your information to anyone, fees are necessary to allow you the convenience of online payments. 

    Fees vary because some school districts may subsidize some of the costs for you. 

    How long from the time I register as a New User can I make a payment?
    This process usually takes less than a day.  Students must be “verified” before we can accept payments.  This can usually be done instantly; however, in some cases it can take up to 24 hours.  Once this process has completed, you can make payments directly to your student's account from www.K12PaymentCenter.com.

    Why is the verification process necessary?
    This is how we make sure that your payment is credited to the correct student’s account.  We check for a match on the student’s last and first name, school, and student ID number.  This can usually be done instantly; however, in some cases it may take up to 24 hours.  

    More than 24 hours has gone by and my student has not been verified yet.
    If it has been more than 24 hours, please contact your school district office and ask for the Child Nutrition Department.  They will be able to assist you.  Also, please watch your e-mail for notification if your credit card was declined for payment.

    How long does it take for the payment to show at my student’s school? 
    Generally, all payments are applied within 24 hours.  The system may not be available to accept payments during school meal service hours.

    How do I know it is safe to enter my credit card information on www.K12PaymentCenter.com?
    K12PaymentCenter.com has 128 Bit Encryption provided by Verisign. Verisign is the most trusted name in online shopping.  All information submitted is protected by our secure server, which automatically encrypts your personal information so that it cannot be read while traveling over the Internet.

    What do I do if I do not see all my students listed on the payment screen?
    If all the students you have entered do not show up on the payment screen, it is possible the information you supplied could have been typed incorrectly.  Please go to the Manage Student page and check the student’s first and last name, school, and student ID.  Correct any errors and save your changes.  This student's account will be available as soon it is verified with the school’s information. 

    Why do I not see my district's name listed under Participating Schools?
    If your district's name is not listed under the Participating Schools page, then they have not signed up with Education Management Systems, Inc. to participate in K12PaymentCenter.com.  Please encourage them to contact us.

    What if my student’s school is not listed? 
    If your student's school is not listed in the drop down box you will need to check with your school district directly.  They will be able to tell you if the school will be added to our program. 

    What if I forget my user name or password?
    Click on “Forgot User Name/Password?” on the Login screen.  Send us your registered e-mail address and we will send you a return e-mail with your information.


    What if I can’t remember what e-mail address I used or it is no longer available?
    Contact your school district administrator and they will help you. 


    What if my student transfers to a different school during the school year?
    Most districts will transfer any existing prepaid balance to the new school automatically, when the student transfer is completed through Powerschool.  After your student has enrolled in the new school (and before you make your next payment), go to Manage Students and change the school name.  Please contact your school district's student Nutrition office if you need assistance. 


    What happens to balances left over at the end of the school year?
    The policy on year end balances varies from school district to school district.  Please contact your school district's student Nutrition office for assistance with this. 

    Duplin County Schools Child Nutrition Department does not administer or troubleshoot K12PaymentCenter.com.  Please go to www.K12PaymentCenter.com for customer service.
Last Modified on March 28, 2016