We are excited to announce the learning management system (LMS) Canvas. We encourage any teachers that embrace digital learning & teaching and the blended learning environment in their classroom to check out Canvas. This LMS connects all of the digital tools and resources that you may use into one simple place. Canvas is designed for K-12 teachers and students.2018-2019 Canvas Updates:
Over the summer we have had several updates to Canvas. Please see the important information below.
If you are interested in exploring Canvas, you can complete the Canvas Challenge course on your own time or through various professional development offerings. In the Canvas Challenge course, you will receive an overview of how to utilize Canvas in your classroom, while completing assignments and challenges. This will allow teachers to self-pace their Canvas training while being able to experience Canvas from a student perspective as well. The course has a basic overview section and then 10 short challenge assignments. The entire course is approximately 2.5 instructional hours and can be done in one sitting or multiple sittings. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive 0.25 CEUs of general credits.
- All courses are now mapped over in a 1 to many format. This means that any course with the same course number will show as one course in your Canvas instance. (This is the same process as the cross-listing process we did last year for some of you.) This will allow you to create course content one time and then you can assign assignments, quizzes, announcements, and discussion boards to each individual section. This eliminates the need to copy content from one course to the other sections of the same course. Click here for additional information.
- Please review these instructions to set up grade passback with the new PowerTeacher Pro Gradebook.
- There is also a new grade book and new quiz feature that can be turned on for a course if you are interested. Select Settings and Feature Options to turn on these two new features.
To Sign Up for the course:
- Go to My Learning Plan
- View the District Catalog
- Sign Up Now for the Canvas Challenge Course
- Once you have Signed up you are ready to start.