Digital Resources at Your FingertipsLindsay Ginn & Lindsay Skidmore
Welcome & Introductions
- Housekeeping Items
- Sign In
- Silent I.D.:
- On your piece of paper, write words or draw pictures that describes yourself without talking.
- Pin paper to your chest and walk around the room and look at each other without talking.
- Try to remember each picture and person.
Today's Meet is a great tool to allow students to provided input or ask questions without having to interrupt current discussion or allowing the timid student a chance to provide input.We will use Today's Meet to post comments, questions, or suggestions as we go through our session today.
- Questions, Answers, & Comments - Today's Meet
Learning Targets & Success Criteria
- Learning Targets:
- Teachers will understand how to utilize the digital resources for lesson planning and instructional resources in the classroom.
- Teachers will understand how students can utilize the digital resources for their own learning in the classroom.
- Success Criteria:
- I can locate and utilized high quality educational resources to support my instruction and student learning.
- I can utilize resource lists in Destiny to support my instruction and student learning.
- I can develop Safari Montage playlists to support student learning inside and outside of the classroom.
Today's ChallengeThink about an upcoming unit/lesson that you will be covering that you or your students will need instructional resources. Throughout today, as you search and explore the resources available, compose a list of resources that you can use for the unit/lesson.
- Challenge: Create a resource list in Destiny that includes the following. (Include the content standards addressed in the resource list description).
- 3-5 print titles on different reading levels
- 1-2 eBook titles on different reading levels
- 2-3 WebPath Express/Website resources
- 1-2 OneSearch Database resources
- 1-2 Safari Montage videos
- Challenge: NCWise Owl Resource List
- 3-5 text-based sources (encyclopedia, magazine, journal, newspaper, etc.) the resources should be on various Lexile or reading levels.
- 2 related images from AP images or other source
- 1 video from PBS NC Live Video Collection
- 1 eBook from EBSCO eBook Collection
- Challenge:Create a playlist in Safari Montage using a variety of resources available.
- Include a segmented video
- Include a resources uploaded to the Modules Tab from Destiny or NCWiseOwl
- Import section from Safari HD Network
Schoolnet Instructional Materials
- Challenge: Explore the Instructional Materials available in Schoolnet, and add to My Materials:
- a lesson plan
- Instructional Unit
Wrap Up"Why use all of these digital resources when students can just Google?"EvaluationPlease complete the following evaluation to provide us with feedback on today's session.