- 11 scholarship programs available to NC students that will give out more than 231 individual scholarships during the 2018 school year are listed. Scholarship page specific to NC students can be downloaded: StudentScholarships
--Career & Technical Scholarships
- The CTE Scholarship Program is funded through the Horatio Alger Endowment Fund and other contributors. Scholarships are awarded to students who have faced adn overcome great obstacles in their lives who wish to pursue a career or technical education at an accredited secondary instution. The CTE application is now open and will close June 15. https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/about-our-scholarship-programs/technical/
--Shanna Vann-Hall Scholarship Fund -
The family of Shanna Vann-Hall is pleased to announce that they will award $1,000 to five Duplin County Schools seniors this year. Students must be pursuing a degree in Education, must have a 3.0 GPA, and must submit an essay. Deadline to apply is May 18, 2018. Shanna Vann-Hall Scholarship
--Duplin Co. Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Scholarship
- Applicants must be a senior in the Duplin County School System and planning to attend a college or university and currently have a GPA of 2.75 or higher. Deadline to apply is March 31, 2018. Scholarship can be downloaded: Delta Sigma Theta
-NCACTE Guidance & Career Development Division Scholarship
- Assists the recipient during hisher higher education by subsidizing the cost of attending a community college or university. The scholarship is available on a competitive basis to graduating high school students who have taken Career and Technical Education courses and achieved the status of CTE Concentrator. Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. The application can be found online: https://ncacte.wufoo.com/forms/m14pe5zi0deyb6o/ Deadline to apply is April 15, 2018.
--The Salvation Army Women's Auxiliary Scholarship
- The recipient of this scholarship must be a high school senior attending an accredited two year or four year college working towards a degree. The recipient must be a resident of Duplin, Greene, or Lenoir county. The recipient of this award is based on financial need, community servivce, and academic achievement. Special attention will be given to volunteerism purpose of the recipient and his/her promise of future volunteerism. Application deadline is May 4th at 12:00pm.
Application can be downloaded: Salvation Army Scholarship 2018
--Accuplan Benefits Scholarship
- This is a $2,000 scholarship intented to help students to be successful in school and raise awareness to the rising generation about the importance of retirement. Applicants must apply by May 31, 2018 in order to be considered for the scholarship.
Students can receive more information about the scholarship at https://www.accuplan.net/scholarship-promo.htm
--Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Chi Iota Omega Chapter Scholarship
- To be eligible, applicants should meet the following criteria: High school senior planning to attend an institution of higher learning for the 18-19 school year on a full time basis, complete and return the application, attach a typed letter of interest or essay describing biographical information, community service, etc., submit a letter of recommendation, include transcript, and have all application information postmarked by April 5, 2018.
Scholarship can be downloaded: Alpha Kappa Alpha Scholarship
--NC Poultry Jubilee Scholarship
- Students must be a senior, reside in Duplin, Pender, Sampson, Wayne, Lenoir, Jones, Or Onslow County, must write and submit an essay, provide two references, perform an interview w/ a poultry farmer, and be of good character. The complete application package must arrive at the NC Poultry Jubilee mail box by April 15, 2018.
Download available: NC Poultry Jubilee Scholarship
--National Assn. for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Scholarship
- Students should be current members of NAACP and a current senior in a Duplin County HIgh School. The students should plan to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited 4-year or 2-year college/university working toward a Bachelor or Associate Degree. For more information on criteria and how to apply, students should download the application: NAACP 2018 Scholarship Deadline to apply is Monday, April 23, 2018 by 5:00pm to a NAACP scholarship committee member.
--NC FFA Assn. G&R Farms Scholarship Application -
The G&R Farms Scholarship is for an FFA member pursuing a degree in the field of production agriculture at NCSU, NC A&T, Brevard College, or University of Mount Olive. All scholarship applications are due to the State FFA Office by 5:00pm on March 30, 2018.
Application can be downloaded: G&R Farms FFA Scholarship
--Patsy Howard Memorial Scholarship -
Sponsored by Duplin-Pender Alpha Delta Kappa-Beta Eta Chapter. Scholarship is for worthy female students who man to major in Education. Application should be completed in student's own handwriting. Letters of recommendation are to be typed on letterhead stationary in a sealed envelope with an indentifying mark by the writer. Application deadline is April 12, 2018.
Scholarship can be downloaded: Patsy Howard Memorial Scholarship
--Douglass High School Alumni Assn. Scholarship
- Sponsored by the Douglass High School Alumni Assn. Eligible students must come from North Duplin, James Kenan, or Duplin Early College High School.
Students must meet a GPA requirement, submit reference letters, and have involvement in community activities. Deadline to apply is April 16, 2018. Application can be downloaded: Douglass HS Alumni Scholarship
--Walker Morgan Scholarship
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in high school and plan to graduate before July 1 and enroll in college. Applicants must have a 2.5 GPA, and their direct family must have been personally affected by an injury of some type. The scholarship is worth $2,500. Only online applications will be accepted. Applications can be found at https://www.walkermorgan.com/#scholarship-application Deadline to apply is May 31, 2018.
--UMO Herring Scholarship
- To be eligible, applicants must reside within the city limits of Mount Olive or Duplin County and be accepted for admission to UMO. Students must also complete their FAFSA. Scholarships are in the Guidance Office or can be downloaded: UMO Herring 2018 Deadline to apply is April 3, 2018.
--Duplin Co. Cattlemen's Assn. Agriculture Related Scholarship Program - The Duplin Co. Cattlemen's Assn. is accepting scholarship applications who plan to attend either a two year or four year institution in an agriculture related field of study. The application is due no later than Friday, April 20, 2018. Applications are hard copy only and can be found in the Scholarship/Programs box in the Guidance Office.
--Smithfield Hog Production Division Agricultural Scholarship - The scholarship is valued at $500 per year for four year university or two year community college provided the student continues to meet eligibility requirements. Applications are due to Smithfield Hog Production on or before April 1, 2018. Preference is given to students of Smithfield Hog Production Employees & Growers or students who have participated in the intern program. Students must also have an understanding of the agricultural and/or agribusiness community shown through agricultural pathway in school and/or work experience. Applications are hard copy only and can be found in the Scholarships/Programs box in the Guidance Office. Deadline to apply is April 1, 2018.
--JSCC Academic Scholarships - The application deadline for awards is March 15. Awards are for scholarships, which will begin fall semester 2018. There is a GPA requirement of 3.0 to apply. Applications are available in hard copy only and can be found in the Scholarships/Programs box in the Guidance Office.
--Wayne Community College Academic Scholarships
- All application forms with supporting documentation must be popstmarked by March 31, 2018.
Students should read guidelines carefully before submitting their application forms. Students can find hard copies of applications in the Scholarships/Programs Box in the Guidance Office, or students may go on-line and download a form atwww.waynecc.edu/Foundation/
--Grow Your Own Scholarship
- Are you a minority student, and you are interested in coming back to Duplin County Schools to teach after you graduate from college? You may qualify for the Grow Your Own Teaching Scholarship. Students must have a 3.0 GPA to apply. Applications can be found on-line at https://www.duplinschools.net/Page/12262
, or you may get a hard copy from the Guidance Office. Deadline to apply is March 30, 2018.
--Jagannathan Scholarship - Students must be a graduating senior and planning to attend one of the 16 UNC campuses, be a resident of NC, and have demonstrated academic achievement and financial need. Applicants must complete an application through cfnc.org by February 1st. Applicants must have taken hte College Board SAT and have filed their FAFSA. Application link: Jagannathan Scholarship
--Tri-County Electric Membership Corp. Scholarship - Scholarships are available for four year AND community college. Applications are in the Guidance Office or can be found on-line at https://www.tcemc.com/content/scholarships Deadline to apply is March 30, 2018.
--Duplin Co Education Foundation Scholarships
- DCEF Scholarships are awarded at the DCEF Academic Banquet and are available at the following website: https://www.duplinschools.net/domain/1202 Due to Guidance Office by Friday, February 23rd.
Applications must by typed! Please look at GPA criteria closely for each scholarship before applying. See Mrs. Lynne if you have any questions.
--SECU People Helping People Scholarship
- This scholarship has changed for the 2017-18 school year. It is now a district scholarship. There will be three district winners. Students who apply must be SECU members, or their parents must be members. Students must be a senior, have completed their FAFSA, be a US Citizen, have a 2.5 unweighted GPA, and be accepted and attend one of the 16 UNC campuses. Also, the student must exemplify the "People Helping People" philosophy. Deadline to apply is Feb. 23, 2017.
Scholarships must be submitted to the school counselor through Microsoft Word and are avaialble at the following link: SECU SCHOLARSHIP
--NC Blueberry Festival Scholarship - Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $4,000 each. The purpose of the NC Blueberry Festival Assn. Scholarship is to provide post high school academic scholarships to NC students. Deadline to apply is April 6, 2018.
--Marine Core Scholarship Foundation -
Scholarships are for children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen pursuing a post-secondary education at any accredited school. Applications close on March 1, 2018 and can be accessed at www.mcsf.org/apply
--JSCC Presidential Scholarship - Students must have applied to JSCC, completed their FAFSA, have a minumum of a 3.0 unweighted GPA, complete three or more JSCC CCP classes with a C or higher, and be a US Citizen. Deadline to apply is May 1, 2018. Applications are in the Guidance Office.
--America's Farmers Grow Ag Leaders
, sponsored by the Monsanto Fund, is offering more than $500,000 in scholarships to students in rural communities who are looking to continue their education in an ag-related field of study and become the next generation of ag leaders. To apply, go to GrowAgLeaders.com
for more information and official rules. Deadline to apply is February 1, 2018.
--Flake Shaw Farm Bureau Scholarship Applications
- Scholarship eligibility requirements, application and financial form deadlines are clearly outlined in the scholarship applications available in the Guidance Office and online at https://www.ncfb.org/Programs/R-Flake-Shaw-Scholarship Completed applications are due on or before March 5, 2018 and must be emailed to email@example.com.
--Better Business Bureau Torch Scholarship
- Recognizes student who personify high ethical standards as demonstrated through leadership, community service, overall personal integrity, and academic success. BBB Torch Scholarships are awarded to college-bound high school juniors and seniors, and college undergraduates. To be eligible students must submit an essay of 500-1000 words, along w/ an application, transcript, and a letter of recommendation from a BBB Accredited Business. Completed application packets are due by 4:30pm, Wednesday, January 31st.
Students can apply online at bbbscholarship.org
--2018 African American Network-Carolinas Scholarship
- Applications are available at AAN-C Scholarship Deadline to apply is March 2, 2018.
The AANC-C will consider academics and financial need of each applicant. Eligibility requirements include being a graduating senior at a NC high school, must attend a four year college or university located in North or South Carolina, and must plan to major in engineering, math, science, computer science, accounting, finance, or business administration.
--Golden Leaf Scholarship
- The Golden LEAF Scholarship Program will award 215 grants, each valued at $12,000 for the 2018-19 academic year. To be eligible, students must a senior, be a NC resident and complete the RDS, reside in one of the qualifying counties, enroll at a qualifying UNC institution, demonstrate financial need, submit the FAFSA, and present a satisfactory record of academic achievement and community service. The application is available at CFNC.org/goldenleaf Deadline to apply is March 1, 2018.
- To be eligible, student must be a 2017 or 2018 graduate who is attending a two-year or four-year college, university, or technical school; WoodmenLife members in good standing w/ at least three years of membership, and all family members in the household have to be Woodmen Life members. Scholarship recipients will complete an online application at https://www.woodmenlife.org/member-benefits/scholarships/scholarships.cfm Deadline to apply is Feb 28, 2018.
--North Carolina Teaching Fellows
- Are you interested in becoming a teacher after you graduate? The NC Teaching Fellows Program is back with an updated format! To find out more information, go to https://ncteachingfellows.com
for more information. Deadline to apply is January 16, 2018.
--The Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- As the nation's largest not-for-profit organization supporting Hispanic American higher education, HSF has awarded more than $550 million in scholarships and provides a range of impactful programs for students, HSF scholars, alumni, and parents, The application opens January 1 and closes March 31.
For more information, students can visit hsf.net
--NC Extension & Community Assn. Scholarship - The purpose of this scholarship is to assist students in obtaining a degree at any NC college, in any field of study, with priority given to Family and Consumer Sciences. Applications must be completed and returned by February 1st. Applications are in the Scholarships/Programs box in the Guidance Office.
--Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship - Ten $2,500 scholarships are awarded to students annually who intend to pursue a career in the pork industry with hopes that they may emerge as pork industry leaders themselves someday. All entries must be postmarked by January 5, 2018 to be accepted. Applications are in the Scholarships/Programs box in the Guidance Office.
--Quit Smoking Scholarship
- Sharpen up your pencils and let us know why you should be the one to win ECR’s $5,000 scholarship! We at ECR are passionate about smoking cessation and feel that it’s our duty to help prevent suffering and death caused by it around the globe. Show us that you share our vision and our sense of commitment toward this particular issue by writing a cessation-oriented essay and submitting it for consideration. We want to support your education so you could, in turn, help us fight the good fight and bring about a smoke-free world! Application deadline: May 31, 2018.
--UNC Greensboro Guarantee Scholarship
- UNCG Guarantee is a remarkable scholarship program that not only offers an outstanding financial aid package that covers the standard cost of attendance but is also a support and development program that provides a variety of opportunities and services to enhance the academic experience. The scholarship is meant for students who come from low income families and are exceptionally bright students. Students must have completed their FAFSA and have an SAT Score of 1100 or ACT score of 23 to apply. Students can go to UNCGguarantee
to apply. Priority deadline to apply is December 1st.
--AXA Achievement Scholarship
- The AXA Achievementsm
Scholarship provides over $1.4 million in scholarships to young people throughout the nation representing all 50 states, Washington DC and Puerto Rico. Students have the opportunity to receive a $2,500, $10,000 or $25,000 scholarship. In addition, for every student who wins a scholarship, a grant in the amount of $1,000 will be made to the winner’s school. Student can get the application from the following link: AXA Scholarship Deadline to apply is December 15, 2017.
Flyers are in the Scholarships/Programs Box in the Guidance Office.
--HonorsGradU Design A Better Future $10,000 Scholarship
- Whether through essays or multimedia, students have used their voices to share visions for a better world. High School Seniors can submit a proposal for how they will better their communities. The process is in three rounds, and five winners will be selected. The link to the website is HonorsGraduation
. Deadline to apply is April 15, 2018.
--GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program -
Scholarship program for high school seniors who demonstrate: Leadership, Drive, Integrity, Citizenship. Up to $40,000 per Scholar. Information can be found at GE-REAGAN FOUNDATION. Deadline to apply is January 4, 2018.
--ACT Student Champion Scholarship - Applications are open for the ACT Student Champion Award! The ACT STudent Champion Award recognizes one student in each state who is tenacious and persistent, no matter the challenge, and is prepared for life after high school with a goal in mind and a plan in place. ACT Student Champions receive a $500 non-renewable scholarship, certificate, plaque, and state-level recognition. If you are a student who has overcome challenges and can articulate education and career actions, have a composite score of 22 or higher on the ACT, have a 3.0 or greater GPA and are a first-generation or underrepresented student, you should apply! Deadline to apply is December 31. Applications can be found at ACT Student Champion Scholars
--NCHSAA ENDOWED FUND SCHOLARSHIPS- The NCHSAA Endowed Fund offers several scholarships to eligible student athletes. Seniors who are student athletes should check out these scholarships! Most scholarships are due in February or April of 2018. To find out more information, students should google "NCHSAA Endowed Fund Scholarships" or pick up a hard copy of the websites from the Scholarships/Programs Box in the Guidance Office.
--VICTOR E BELL, JR SCHOLARSHIP - Are you a 7th grade student who would like the chance of earning a major scholarship to help you with college? The College Foundation has established the Victor E Bell, Jr Scholarship Program to encourage high potential students with limited financial resources to aspire to a college education. One 7th grade student from our school can be nominated. For more information, see your teacher or School Counselor.
--GOODNIGHT SCHOLARS PROGRAM - The GN Scholars Program at NCSU is looking for high-achieving, forward-thinking students from low and middle-income families who will grow up to be the future of science, technology, engineering, and math and STEM education teachers in our great state of NC. Each year the GN Scholars Program selects 50 students throughout NC who intend to major in a STEM or STEM Education discipline at NCSU to receive $19,500 per year for four years. To be considered for the GN Scholars Program, students must submit their general NCSU app by the early action deadline of October 15th. More details about the GN Scholars Program can be found at goodnightscholars
--LENOIR-RHYNE UNIVERSITY TEACHING SCHOLARS PROGRAM
- Lenoir-Ryne University is pleased to announce the fourth year of the LR Teaching Scholars Scholarship Program. They are currently recruiting exemplary high school seniors to receive this prestigious scholarship and develop the skills to become effective teacher leaders for our public schools. Fall 2018 applications to LR are being accepted now. Priority consideration will be given to students applying by January 31. High School Seniors should apply at http://bit.ly/2feVKil
--CATAWBA COLLEGE WEST TEACHING SCHOLARSHIP
- If you are interested in majoring in education, the West Teaching Scholarshi at the Catawba College Academy for Teaching is available. The scholarship is a yearly award of $2500 in addition to any other academic scholarships for whith the student is eligible. The scholarship is available at http://catawba.edu/academyforteaching Deadline to apply is December 1, 2017.
--THOMAS WOLFE SCHOLARSHIP at UNC-CH
- This is a scholarship for full undergraduate support for student writers. More complete information on the scholarship, including the application form, can be found at THE THOMAS WOLFE SCHOLARSHIP
--VFW ESSAY CONTEST - For middle school and high school students. This is a great opportunity to win scholarship money through writing an essay. This is a local contest through the VFW of Warsaw, NC. Information can be found in the Scholarships/Programs Box in the Guidance Office. Deadline to apply is October 27, 2017.
- The Gates Scholarship is a highly selective, full scholarship for exceptional, Pell-eligible, minority, high school seniors with a 3.3 or higher GPA. For more information, visit THE GATES SCHOLARSHIP Deadline to apply is Friday, Sept. 15th.