Students must pay all unpaid school fees before purchasing a parking tag. Only students who have been approved (application below) and have purchased a parking hanger for (a nonrefundable) $40.00 may drive cars on campus. Parking hanger’s will be sold in the front office and it is required in order to park a vehicle on school property. Replacement hangers due to loss or damage, etc. can be purchased at a cost of $10.00. Parking without a school issued hanger WILL result in a parking violation of $5.00 per event and/or towing at the owner’s expense. Students cannot share parking tags. Each student must have their own. DRIVING IS A PRIVILEGE. Students who drive to school should:
- arrive after 7:30 am and park only in areas designated for student parking. Do not linger in the parking lot. Enter the building immediately.
- keep cars locked at all times.
- immediately report accidents to the School Resource Officer that occur on the school grounds.
- display the parking hanger on the rear view mirror during school hours or the vehicle will be ticketed and/or towed at the owner’s expense. Note: Students may not purchase parking hangers or drive on campus until all debts have been cleared, including cafeteria fees for the previous/current school year.
- do not return to vehicles during school hours without permission from the school administration
- know that the school resource officer will issue traffic tickets for:
Not displaying a parking hanger;
parking in unauthorized areas;
careless and reckless driving (results in a loss of driving privilege). Note: Failure to pay will result in disciplinary action.
- know that students who abuse driving privileges by leaving campus in their vehicles without permission from the office may lose driving privileges as follows: 1st Offense - up to 1 day suspension/3 weeks no driving privilege; 2nd offense - up to 2 day suspension/NO driving privilege for the remainder of the semester.
DRIVING PRIVILEGES MAY BE REVOKED FOR EXCESSIVE TARDIES!!
Note: A student’s vehicle may be searched by school officials any time that it is parked on the school campus.