Name: Kelly GuyEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgGrade / Subject: 6th Grade Language ArtsEducation: Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education (K-6)K-12 Reading LicensureEast Carolina UniversityWelcome to Mrs. Kelly Guy's Sixth Grade Class!Attention!Since school is closed at this time, we will be working on online assignments. I will post instructions both here on my webpage AND on Class Dojo. Please make sure you check both places!There are links to additional resources on the DCS homepage that you are welcome to complete also.ASSIGNMENTS for the week of May 25-29:
Happy Last Week of "School!" :)
No school on Monday - Memorial Day Holiday
This week you only have 3 FUN activities.
Please complete the 2 Padlets for me!Do the brainteasers if you wish. If you can't figure one out, email me and I'll help you! Have fun!
Can you answer any of these??
• 1. There are three houses. One is red, one is blue, and one is white. If the red house is to the left of the house in the middle, and the blue house is to the right to the house in the middle, where is the white house?
• 2. You are in a cabin and it is pitch black. You have one match on you. Which do you light first, the newspaper, the lamp, the candle, or the fire?
• 3. Who is bigger: Mr. Bigger, Mrs. Bigger, or their baby?
• 4. Mike is a butcher. He is 5’10” tall. What does he weigh?
• 5. A farmer has 17 sheep and all but nine die. How many are left?
• 6. How far can a rabbit run into the woods?
• 7. In a year, there are 12 months. Seven months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?
• 8. What are the next three letters in the following sequence? J, F, M, A, M, J, J, A, __, __, __
• 9. Jimmy’s mother had four children. She named the first Monday. She named the second Tuesday, and she named the third Wednesday. What is the name of the fourth child?
• 10. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
• 11. Which is heavier? A pound of feathers or a pound of rocks?
• 12. What is full of holes but can still hold water?
• 13. A family lives in a large tower apartment building, 10 floors high. Every day their son takes the elevator from the family’s apartment on the 10th floor to the ground floor and goes to school. When he returns in the afternoon, he uses the elevator to get to the fifth floor, and then uses the stairs for the remaining five floors. Why?
• 14. A plane crashes on the border of the U.S. and Canada. Where do they bury the survivors?
• 15. I do not have any special powers, but I can predict the score of any football game before it begins. How can I do this?
• 16. You are driving a bus. At the first stop, two women get on. The second stop, three men get on and one woman gets off. At the third stop, three kids and their mom get on, and a man gets off. The bus is grey, and it is raining outside. What color is the bus driver’s hair?
• 17. Imagine that you are in a boat, in the middle of the sea. Suddenly, you are surrounded by hungry sharks, just waiting to feed on you. How can you put an end to this?
• 18. Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?
• 19. Which travels faster? Hot or Cold?
• 20. When you have me, you immediately feel like sharing me. But, if you do share me, you do not have me.
• 21. What can you hold without ever touching or using your hands?
• 22. First, I threw away the outside and cooked the inside. Then I ate the outside and threw away the inside. What did I eat?
These directions are also located in your class story on Dojo.
*For those of you working on paper packets, please continue to do so! If you have questions, let me know!
Thank you for continuing to learn!!