Apple Mobile Device Procedures
The Duplin County Schools Technology Department is responsible for the setup and management of Apple mobile devices (iPads, iPods, etc). Devices purchased with school or district funds must be setup and managed using the Apple volume purchasing program and/or district mobile device management system. Below are the outlined procedures to follow for purchasing new devices and vouchers, setup of new devices, requesting apps for devices, and fulfillment of app requests.Purchasing new Apple devices or volume purchasing vouchers
- Request for iPad and voucher quotes must be submitted to Jason Ginn, email@example.com
- Vouchers are available in any denominations.
- Cases must be purchased for carts and/or groups of devices that will be used by students. For information on the different types of iPad cases please email Lindsay Ginn
Receiving new devices and vouchers
- Apple devices will be shipped to the technology department. They will be set up following the procedures outlined below and distributed to the designated individual, school or department upon completion.
- Volume purchase vouchers will be applied to the purchasing school or department.
Setting up new devices
- Devices, used by a single administrator or teacher, must be entered into the district mobile device management system. After they are entered into the system they will be given to the individual for set up using a personal Apple ID or account. (A volume purchase voucher is not required.)
- Carts and/or groups of devices used by students must be managed and set up with the district mobile device management system and Apple Volume Purchasing Program using a district email address and district created Apple ID or account. (A volume purchase voucher is not required, but encouraged if you would like to purchase paid applications.)
Requesting apps for devices (carts and/or groups of devices used by students)
- Teachers may submit requests for apps to their Digital Learning and Media Coordinator. The Digital Learning and Media Coordinator will submit a work order with the app request information and the cart information.
Fulfillment of app request
- The DLMC must submit a work order when their school has an application request.
- Paid app requests will not be fulfilled if a volume purchase voucher is not available for the school or department.
- The technology department will work with the media coordinator or designated individual to schedule a time to install applications or complete updates. Devices cannot be in use by students when app installation and updates are being completed.