Jessica Thigpen(910)298-4535MathematicsRoom 17I will begin uploading notes and practice problems for each course.Click on your course for updated information. Thanks!Schedule:1st Semester: 2nd Semester:1 Period: Advanced Functions and Modeling 1 Period: Math 3 Honors2 Period: Planning 2 Period: Planning3 Period: Advanced Functions and Modeling 3 Period: Pre-Calculus Honors4 Period: Math 3 4 Period: Math 3 HonorsMaterials Needed:1. 3-5 Subject Spiral Notebook OR Binder and Loose Leaf Paper2. Pencils (NO Pens)Grading Policy:Your grade will be based on your total points divided by the total possible and the decimal movedtwo places to the right. Homework checks will be averaged together as a test grade, and it is checkedbased on completion not correctness.Grades:Test count twice x2Quizzes count once x1Homework count twice x2 (Averaged together as a Test Grade)Calculators:Owning a TI-84 Plus calculator is strongly suggested.Homework will be less time consuming with the aid of a graphing calculator.Each student is assigned a calculator to be used in class.CALCULATORS WILL NOT BE CHECKED OUT.Class Rules:1. BE RESPECTFUL to everyone.2. BE PREPARED for class.3. PARTICIPATE in class.4. NO FOOD/DRINK allowed in class.5. NO CELL PHONES allowed in class.6. ALL EDHS RULES APPLY in and out of the classroom.General Information:
- All work to be turned into the teacher is REQUIRED to be compled in pencil.
- Making up missed assignments and class notes is the responsibility of the student.
- Missed assignments will be located in the appropriate MAKE UP WORK folder for your period.
- Participation in class discussions is expected.
- Sleeping in class is NOT tolerated, and will be dealt with immediately.
- Food and Drink is NOT allowed in class, and will be thrown away immediately upon entrance to the classroom.
- Homework is assigned nightly, and is graded on completion NOT correctness.
- In order to master the subject content, the work must be completed in full.
- Completing the homework is crucial to your success in this class.
- Grades are not given, they are earned.
- The responsibility of performing at the highest level of the student is expected, and is the responsibility of the student.
- All East Duplin High School rules apply.
Last Modified on March 26, 2020