Jessica ThigpenSchool Phone Number: (910)298-4535Google Voice Phone Number: (910)375-6438MathematicsRoom 17Schedule:1st Semester: 2nd Semester:1 Period: Math 3 1 Period: Math 32 Period: Planning 2 Period: Planning3 Period: Math 3 3 Period: Honors Pre-Calculus4 Period: Honors Calculus 4 Period: Math 3Office Hours:Monday: 12:00-2:00Tuesday: 12:00-2:00Wednesday: 10:00-12:00Thursday: 10:00-12:00Friday: 8:00-10:00Materials Needed:1. 3-5 Subject Spiral Notebook OR Binder and Loose Leaf Paper2. Pencils (NO Pens)Grading Policy:Your grade will be based on total earned points divided by total possible points, and the decimal movedtwo places to the right.Grades:Test count twice x2Quizzes count once x1Classwork/Homework count twice x2 (An average of the classwork/homework will be takenat the end of each grading period.)Calculators:Homework will be less time consuming with the aid of a graphing calculator.Students will be able to use DESMOS, an online free calculator that is embedded into theMath 1 and Math 3 EOC, on all assignments, quizzes, and tests.Students can use a TI-84 calculator if they have one at home, or download Wabbitemu for freeon android based smart devices.Class Rules:1. BE RESPECTFUL to everyone.2. BE PREPARED for class.3. PARTICIPATE in class.4. NO FOOD/DRINK allowed in class.5. NO CELL PHONES allowed in class.6. ALL EDHS RULES APPLY in and out of the classroom.Online Canvas Information and Synchronous Learning Times:Canvas:
Students can download the Canvas Student app on their smart devices.
Canvas will be used to submit assignments and to learn new material for online students.
You can access Canvas through your NCEdCloud on your school-based computer.
If you are unable to use Canvas due to Internet issues, please let me know as soon as possible.
Canvas Link: https://www.duplinschools.net/Page/19894
Synchronous Schedule for Tuesdays and Thursdays:
- These are the times set aside as an online live instruction day using Google Meet. All students should attempt to log on to each class during the allotted time.
1st: 9:00-9:25 1st: 1:00-1:25
2nd: 9:30-9:55 2nd: 1:30-1:55
3rd: 10:00-10:25 3rd: 2:00-2:25
4th: 10:30-10:55 4th: 2:30-2:55
Absences will be based on coursework completion.
If you complete an assignment by the due date, you will be counted present for the day the assignment was assigned.
If you do not complete the assignment by the due date, you will be counted absent for the day the assignment was assigned.
If you complete the assignment after the due date, you will be counted absent and receive a penalty on the assignment.
- Making up missed assignments and class notes is the responsibility of the student.
- Participation in class discussions is expected.
- Sleeping in class is NOT tolerated, and will be dealt with immediately.
- Food and Drink is NOT allowed in class.
- Classwork/Homework is graded on completion NOT correctness.
- In order to master the subject content, the work must be completed in full.
- Completing the classwork/homework is crucial to your success in this class.
- Grades are not given, they are earned.
- The responsibility of performing at the highest level of the student is expected, and is the responsibility of the student.
- All East Duplin High School rules apply.