Jessica ThigpenSchool Phone Number: (910)298-4535MathematicsRoom 17Schedule:1st Semester: 2nd Semester:1 Period: Math 3 1 Period: Math 3 Honors2 Period: Planning 2 Period: Planning3 Period: Math 3 3 Period: Math 34 Period: Math 3 Honors 4 Period: Math 3 HonorsMaterials Needed:1. 3-5 Subject Spiral Notebook OR Binder with Loose Leaf Paper2. Pencils (NO Pens)3. Dry Erase Marker (Optional)4. Computer (school or personal)Grading Policy:Your grade will be based on total earned points divided by total possible points, and the decimal movedtwo places to the right.Grades:Test counts twice x2Quizzes counts once x1Classwork/Homework counts twice x2 (An average of the classwork/homework will be takenat the end of each grading period.)Calculators:Homework will be less time consuming with the aid of a graphing calculator.Students will be able to use DESMOS (NC TEST Version),which is an online free calculator that is embedded into theMath 1 and Math 3 EOC, on all assignments, quizzes, and tests.Students can use a TI-84 calculator in class.Free smart device downloads:Wabbitemu on android based smart devicescalculate84 or tacalculator on apple based smart devicesClass Rules:1. BE RESPECTFUL to everyone.2. BE PREPARED for class.3. PARTICIPATE in class.4. NO FOOD/DRINK allowed in class.5. NO CELL PHONES allowed in class.6. ALL EDHS RULES APPLY in and out of the classroom.Online Canvas Information:Canvas:
Students can download the Canvas Student app on their smart devices.
Canvas will be updated daily, and can be used for students who are absent.
You can access Canvas through your NCEdCloud on your school-based computer.
If you are unable to use Canvas due to Internet issues, please let me know as soon as possible.
Canvas Link: https://www.duplinschools.net/Page/19894
If a student is absent for any reason, a video lesson will be posted on Canvas for students to review while out.
Students will be expected to take notes on the video, and submit assignments the next day in class.Assignments:Assignments will be available at the time the assignment is assigned in class, and must be submitted by the tardy bell the next day in class.You will receive a "0" for that grade if it is not submitted on time.General Information:
- All work turned in is REQUIRED to be completed in pencil.
- Making up missed assignments and class notes is the responsibility of the student. (It is posted on Canvas.)
- Participation in class discussions is expected.
- Sleeping in class is NOT tolerated, and will be dealt with immediately.
- Food and Drink is NOT allowed in class.
- Classwork/Homework is graded on completion NOT correctness.
- In order to master the subject content, the work must be completed in full.
- Completing the classwork/homework is crucial to your success in this class.
- Grades are not given, they are earned.
- The responsibility of performing at the highest level of the student is expected, and is the responsibility of the student.
- All East Duplin High School rules apply.