2023/2024 East Duplin Beta Club -
- Volunteer Information:
- Sat. Sept.23 from 8-2, ED youth football needs volunteers. Please let me know ASAP if you want to volunteer or contact Ginger Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers are needed for the Fall Festival on Saturday, October 14 at BF Grady. See Mrs. Kim Marshburn in room 86 for more details.
- Volunteers needed for the Hog Wild Event on October 13th. Please see Mrs. Bowles for more details.
- East Duplin concession stand needs volunteers. Please see Mrs. Gutierrez for more information.
- If anyone would like to volunteer at Autumn Village (assisted living home) in Beulaville please contact Jessica Stroud at Autumn Care
- “Let Us Lead By Serving Others”
Memo to: All EDHS students interested in 2023/2024 Beta Club membership
From: Kim Bowles and Jena Gutierrez- EDHS Sponsors
Below are some important facts for EDHS Beta.
If you are an incoming freshman and were a member of the Junior Beta Club in middle school you are immediately eligible to join the Senior Beta Club.
If you were not a member of the Junior Beta Club or your high school Beta Club but you meet the requirements, please show the EDHS sponsors your most recent report card to verify eligibility.
Membership fee is $30.00 for anyone wishing to join Beta. Turn this money in to Mrs. Gutierrez in guidance.
Join the new Beta 2023/24 REMIND to receive up to date information about volunteer events and Beta Club activities Code: @2324edhs
There will be a separate REMIND for those planning on attending the State Convention.
WAYS FOR STUDENTS TO ACCESS BETA INFORMATION:
-Listen to the morning announcements
-Check the East Duplin Clubs and Activities page
- Check EDHS announcements
-Ask/email Mrs. Bowles or Mrs. Gutierrez
Beta Motto: “Let Us Lead By Serving Others”
The 2023/2024 State Convention theme is: “BETA: A VOYAGE OF ADVENTURE”
8. Requirements for EDHS Beta Club membership:
Students of good character with at least a 2.63 GPA (85 overall average); no
grade below a C; 95% attendance; no administrative offenses (9th grade-
present) - all reviewed by sponsors and EDHS administration.
9. You can participate in Beta Club without going to the Convention. Service and Leadership are two main qualities for a Beta and those can be demonstrated through various volunteer activities in our school, community, state, and nation. It’s totally up to you how you want to serve and lead.
10. LOTS MORE INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN ON OUR SCHOOL BETA SITE. Our school club site is where we will post updated information. Just go to the EAST DUPLIN website and find the CLUBS AND ACTIVITIES SCROLL DOWN BAR. ALL BETA INFORMATION WILL BE HERE.
We are a service and leadership club so there will be lots of service and leadership
opportunities available throughout the year. Check the Clubs and Activities page and listen out for the morning announcements.
When you volunteer, YOU keep up with your hours and turn in a copy of your signed paper to be placed in the Beta Volunteer Box located in Mrs. Bowles room. You should have a copy of all of your hours and there should be a copy in the Beta Box. See Mrs. Bowles for a Volunteer log.
To promote the ideals of academic achievement, character, service and leadership among elementary and secondary school students.
ACHIEVEMENT - Recognizing and honoring high academic achievement
CHARACTER - Preparing young people for life and empowering them to be successful
LEADERSHIP - Developing the leaders of tomorrow
SERVICE - Demonstrating our motto: Let Us Lead by Serving Others
FYI-- State Beta Club Convention $30.00 per person
Event Date: January 26-27, 2024 -more info TBA
Location: Joseph S. Koury Convention Center Greensboro, NC
- Join our Beta REMIND so you can stay informed: @2324edhs
- More Beta information will be sent out on this webpage so please listen to announcements and keep checking this site.
- This years theme is "A Voyage of Adventure" so be thinking of creative ways to serve our school and community with this theme in mind.
- Volunteer Opportunities for the 2023/2024 School Year
East Duplin Christian Outreach
Weekly flexible hours 910-290-4401
320 Park Street Beulaville, NC 28518
Flexible hours 910-298-5877
235 NC-41 Beulaville, NC 28518
You can call the above two places and arrange to volunteer anytime that fits into your schedule
ALL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EDHS BETA CLUB WILL BE POSTED ON THIS SITE.