- 2021/2022 Beta Club--- Listen to the morning announcements for any Beta Information. Below you will find volunteer opportunities. Please sign up with Mrs. Bowles as soon as you can for the dated events.
- More Beta information will be sent out on this webpage so please listen to announcements and keep checking this site. Mr. Ballard is working to find a BETA sponsor. Until then, Mrs. Bowles is filling in and trying to get the BETA year started so we start this year off right.
- This years theme is "BETA TOGETHER" so be thinking of creative ways to serve our school and community with this theme in mind.
CONGRATULATIONS TO MATTHEW MOBLEY FOR PLACING 2ND IN THE NATION AT THE NATIONAL BETA CONVENTION THIS SUMMER! HE COMPETED IN THE SOCIAL STUDIES COMPETITION. WAY TO GO MATTHEW!
- Volunteer Opportunities for the 2021/2022 School Year
East Duplin Christian Outreach
Weekly flexible hours 910-290-4401
320 Park Street Beulaville, NC 28518
Flexible hours 910-298-5877
235 NC-41 Beulaville, NC 28518
You can call the above two places and arrange to volunteer anytime that fits into your schedule
Blood Drives - 1:00pm- 7:00pm
GBR Blood drive at Town Hall 8/24,12/14
Beulaville Presbyterian Blood Drive 9/14, 11/16
Hogwild BBQ Cook-Off 10/8, 10/9
Beulaville Parade 12/11/21
- Senior Betas- Mrs. Bowles has a few Senior Beta Cords in her room if you need them. You need to be sure you paid your Beta fees for this year to be recognized.
- The Beta Club will be helping with the Saturday, May 8 Beulaville Beautification Project. It will be from 8:30-11:30. If you are a member of another club or the Health Science Academy and would also like to participate you can. Anyone interested should sign up with Mrs. Bowles.
Trash roadside pick up has been postponed.
If you are ordering Senior Beta Cords our Club ID is SNC0299
- 4/13/2021 Senior Beta Club Members- Mrs. Bowles has about 10 Beta graduation cords in her room. If you are interested in purchasing Beta Cords stop by her room. They are $15.00
- 4/13/2021 ATTENTION: Anyone needing volunteer hours for Beta or any other club- Here are a few volunteer opportunities:
Autumn Village is in need of help with yard work and painting-they will work with your schedule.
The Beulaville Beautification Committee needs volunteers to help on Saturday, May 8. This Spring Clean Up event will consist of doing yard work and cleaning up around Beulaville
You can sign up for these volunteer opportunities in Mrs. Bowles room or Mrs. Amy Daniels room.
BETA CLUB SENIORS-
GO TO BETACLUB.ORG IF YOU WANT TO ORDER YOUR BETA CORDS FOR THE GRADUATION CEREMONY. ONCE YOU GET ON THE BETA WEBSITE, GO TO THE BETA SHOP AND CLICK ON THE GRADUATION BOX AND YOU WILL SEE "HONOR CORDS WITH EMBLEM" ORDERING BETA CORDS IS TOTALLY UP TO YOU. IT IS NOT MANDATORY. -order the black and yellow cords
The Booster Club is in search of concession stand help. GREAT SERVICE PROJECT AND YOU GET TO GO TO THE FOOTBALL GAMES:)
We need 4 students for each game to work alongside booster members. PLEASE CONTACT KIM BOWLES IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
MARCH SERVICE PROJECTS-
#1 AUTUMN VILLAGE IS IN NEED OF VOLUNTEERS TO HELP WITH SOME YARD WORK AND THE CLEANING OUT OF A CLOSET
IF YOU WANT TO GO HELP PLEASE LET MRS. BOWLES KNOW OR JUST CALL AUTUMN VILLAGE AND ARRANGE A DAY YOU CAN GO HELP.
AUTUMN VILLAGE PHONE = 910-298-5877 THEY WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU COULD GIVE.
YOU DEFINITELY COULD GO IN A GROUP OR WITH ANOTHER PERSON TO VOLUNTEER.
#2 WE WILL BE MAKING EASTER BUNNIES OUT OF WOOD TO BE PLACED IN VARIOUS NURSING HOMES AND DOCTOR'S OFFICES AROUND TOWN.
WE WILL MAKE BUNNIES AFTER SCHOOL TUESDAY MARCH 23RD IN MRS. BOWLES ROOM. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP PLEASE EMAIL MRS. BOWLES.
APRIL SERVICE PROJECTS-
ROADSIDE TRASH PICK UP - DATE. APRIL 22 3:30. MEET AT BOJANGLES---post poned to another date in May.
EDHS PROJECT -- ORGANIZE AND CLEAN OUT BETA ROOM. -DATE TBD
FEBRUARY SERVICE PROJECT-
The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of their founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay.
WE CAN HELP BY SENDING VALENTINE'S DAY CARDS TO THE SICK CHILDREN THAT ARE IN THAT HOSPITAL :)
Go to the stjude.org website and create a Valentine's Day Card for a child that is in the hospital.
When you get to their main webpage, scroll down and look for the box that says "Send Our Kids A Valentine" and click.
Special thank you to the 20 Beta Club Students that participated in the Virtual Beta Club State Convention.
Landon Heath is running for State Vice President and needs your vote. Please vote for Landon when the voting poles open. I will post the website up here when voting opens.
CORA HASTE- PARTICIPATED IN THE SOLO, DUO, TRIO COMPETITION
EMMA WHALEY, LAURA BOSTIC, WRENN HASTE, ASHTON WEST, AND JAEYDEN PREBE PARTICIPATED IN THE CAMPAIGN SKIT
LANDON HEATH IS RUNNING FOR THE STATE VICE-PRESIDENT
CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS!
ETHAN BOSTIC- 2020/2021 EDHS BETA CLUB PRESIDENT
PAYTON KENNEDY-2020/2021 EDHS BETA CLUB VICE-PRESIDENT
ALL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EDHS BETA CLUB WILL BE POSTED ON THIS SITE.
SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE FOR UPDATED BETA INFORMATION
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO LOCATE THE VOLUNTEER CALENDAR OF EVENTS.
OUR MISSION: To promote the ideals of academic achievement, character, service and leadership among secondary school students
Advisors: Kim Bowles & Jena Gutierrez
Achievement- Recognizing and honoring high academic achievement
Character- Preparing young people for life and empowering them to be successful
Leadership- Developing the leaders of tomorrow
Service- Demonstrating our motto: LET US LEAD BY SERVING OTHERS
“Let Us Lead By Serving Others”
Memo to: All EDHS Students interested in 2020/2021 Beta Club membership
From: Kim Bowles, Ranessa Kennedy, and Jena Gutierrez- EDHS Sponsors
We are excited to start a new Beta Club year with each of you. It will look a bit different this year but we are not going to let a pandemic stop this amazing club from Leading and Serving others.
Below are some important facts for EDHS Beta.
- If you are an incoming freshman and were a member of the Junior Beta Club in middle school you are immediately eligible to join the Senior Beta Club.
- If you were not a member of the Junior Beta Club but you meet the requirements, please show the EDHS sponsors your most recent report card to verify eligibility. If you are interested in Beta and are 100% Remote please email Ranessa Kennedy. Requirements for membership are posted below.
- Membership fee is $20.00 This is for ALL Betas.
- We have a Beta Facebook page set up and also a REMIND app. Please join so you can be informed. Be sure to listen to the morning announcements for info OR check online for EDHS announcements.
- Beta Motto: “Let Us Lead By Serving Others”
The 2020/2021 State Convention theme is: “It All Began With Beta”. Cost will be $20.00 for all that participate in the Virtual State Convention
YOUR STATE CONVENTION
WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY!
Registration is Now Open
Due to health and safety concerns, the North Carolina Senior State Convention will be held virtually. Virtual State Convention offers your Betas every opportunity to compete in over 30 competitions for a chance to qualify for National Convention in Orlando, FL.
Details regarding your convention can be found in your State Convention
Handbook and Schedule. Please pay special attention to the Virtual Appendix found in the back of your handbook.
The registration deadline is January 8, 2021.
Registered attendees will have the opportunity to submit their competition materials and take their tests, January 13 - 27.
*Academics: Test access will be linked to the registered student’s Beta Membership ID number. Changes may not be made after the finalization of registration.
6. Requirements for EDHS Beta Club membership:
Students of good character with at least a 2.63 GPA (85 overall average); no grade below a C; 95% attendance; no administrative offenses (9th grade-present)
All reviewed by sponsors and EDHS administration
7. You can participate in Beta Club without going to the Convention. What do we do?
Volunteer where needed, Participate in service projects, Help military troops, Help in our school and community, Compete in State and National competitions, Attend leadership conferences
8. Our school Club site is where we will post updated information. Pictures and other service project announcements will be sent through the Remind app.
9.We are a service and leadership club so there will be lots of service and leadership opportunities available throughout the year. A calander will be posted on this site soon.
10. To join the new Beta REMIND APP = SEND A TEXT TO 81010
TEXT THIS MESSAGE: @edhsbeta
11. How to Pay for dues? We will be posting our Venmo account information so you can send money via Venmo or mail it in. More information coming soon about this.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING AN EDHS BETA CLUB OFFICER PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
The officers of the East Duplin Senior Beta club will be President, Vice-President, Secretary, Reporter, and Historian.
The duties of the President will be to preside at the meetings, appoint the committees of the club, represent the organization when necessary, and to administer the policies as laid down in the constitution and by-laws.
The duties of the Vice President will be to preside at meetings when the president is absent or incapacitated to perform the duties of the office, and to assist in administering the affairs of the club, such as serving on committees.
The duties of the Secretary will be to keep the records of membership, record the minutes of the meetings, and to carry on the necessary club correspondence.
The duties of the Reporter will be to maintain the club’s website, update social media and inform the school and community of what is happening in the club.
The duties of the Historian will be to update the calendar, create a digital or physical album of all Beta Club activities and manage the submission of member’s service hours.
The President and Vice-President should be an 11th or 12th grader. The other club officers can be in the 9th,10th,11th or 12th grade.
Each person wishing to run for an officer position should create a two minute or less video explaining why they want to be that officer. In this video you should explain how and why you feel you would be the right person for the position. Tell how much time you could devote to the club and why you feel this club is important. Email this video to email@example.com by November 30.
Calendar of Events:
Social distancing will be practiced at all of these events-bring your masks.
NOVEMBER:Friday, November 20 Beta Club School Project. You can volunteer to help at EDHS from 9-11 or 12-2. Please email Mrs. Bowles and let her know when you can help.Due Monday, November 30 --
The Beta Club and the HOSA Club will be collecting Peanut Butter and Jelly for the Guardian Ad Litem. We are asking that students and staff help us by bringing in Jars of PB&J to help make a positive difference in the lives of children in need. You can also drop them off by Mrs. Bowles, Mrs. Daniels or Mrs. Kennedy’s classroom.We will be collecting jars of Peanut Butter and Jelly the whole month of November. Two jars will equal 1 service hour.
On Sunday, November 22 Pathway Church in Beulaville needs volunteers at 12 noon with decorating for Christmas. Lunch will be provided. Email Mrs. Bowles if you can help.DECEMBER:Friday December 4 - Meet at Beulaville Baptist Church Family Life Center for an afternoon of making crafts for the Nursing Home and some fun! We will be watching a movie and eating supper too!This is from 4-8pm. You can email Mrs. Bowles with your appropriate movie suggestions :)There will be a TOY Drive taking place this month and the BETA Club usually helps out at Beualville Baptist Church. I will post more information as I recieve it.VIRTUAL STATE BETA CONVENTION INFORMATION:IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN AN ACADEMIC OR OTHER VIRTUAL STATE BETA COMPETITION PLEASE EMAIL MRS. BOWLES WHAT COMPETITION BY DEC. 23. I WILL ACCEPT PAYMENT VIA MAIL.KIM BOWLES120 KELSEY LANDING DRIVEBEULAVILLE NC 28518WE HAVE AN ENTRY DEADLINE. YOU MUST PAY $20.00 TO ENTER THE COMPETITION AND PAY YOUR $20.00 EDHS BETA CLUB DUES.YOU CAN FIND A LIST OF THE COMPETITIONS ON THE NATIONAL BETA CLUB WEBSITE. THE LINK IS POSTED ON THIS PAGE.THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE SHOW CHOIR OR GROUP TALENT. IF WE DO SHOW CHOIR OR GROUP TALENT IT WOULD BE PRESENTED AT NATIONALS THIS SUMMER......NOT AT STATE LEVEL (DUE TO COVID) WE WILL DISCUSS GROUP TALENT AND SHOW CHOIR IN JANUARY.