Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! My name is Emily Lanier Sandlin, and I will be teaching Technology, Engineering and Design and Engineering Design this school year. I have been at East Duplin for the entirety of my teaching career which feels just like home since I graduated from here in 2008! I graduated from ECU with a Bachelors in Communication and came straight back to teach at my favorite place. Once a panther, always a panther!
My goal since becoming a teacher has to been to create the same excitement around learning that my teachers did. I can remember being in Gina Miller's class scared to death, but leaving her class confident, capable, and just all around a better student. I want to do the same for each of my students, and pray that I can be a Godly example for them!
I teach the following courses: Technology, Engineering & Design, Honors Technology Engineering and Design, and Engineering Design.
I am so excited to have you in my class this year. We will tackle this new adventure together, and I can't wait to get started! On the left, you will find a tab for my syllabus and for online expectations. PLEASE read over those! This page is only utilized for information, and not for curriculum. Canvas will be your best friend this semester!
The following tabs on CANVAS will be the most important and the most used of the semester.
- Under announcements, you will find weekly checklists and schedules to help you navigate through what you should be doing for my class on that week. This should be checked EVERY MONDAY! It's the simplest and easiest way to know what to do without having to email and ask.
- Under assignments you will find all graded activities. Use this tab to find work that is due during the week.
- Under modules, you will find links to units, lessons, assignments, quizzes, and more. This is where the ALL of our work for the semester will be housed.
Our weekly schedule will be as follows:
- Monday: Powerpoint/Guided Notes
- Tuesday: GOOGLE MEET (required 9:30-9:55)
- Check your email for the linked invitation.
- Wednesday: Activity on Canvas
- Thursday: GOOGLE MEET (required: 1:30-1:55)
- Check your email for the linked invitation
- Friday: Quiz
ALL work is due by the date listed on canvas, and grades will be updated the following Tuesday. Quizzes should be taken and submitted by midnight on Friday of that same week. Late work is accepted (only while we are remote learning) but will have points deducted based on the amount of time passed since the due date.
My office hours are as follows:
- Monday: 8:00-10:00am
- Tuesday: 11:00-1:00
- Wednesday: 10:00-12:00
- Thursday: 3:00-5:00pm
- Friday: 8:00-10:00am