We are proud to announce that Duplin County Schools will be hosting our first Summer Technology Institute, which will provide our teachers with a unique opportunity to attend technology professional development. The institute will be conducted over a three day period and provide a variety of technology professional development sessions that will meet the needs of all teachers from PreK - 12. Teachers will be provided a stipend and technology CEU credits for sessions attended.
Please view the brief video below with more information on the Summer Technology Institute.
June 17th, 18th, 19th
Beulaville Elementary School
Morning Sessions - 8:30 am to 11:30 am
Afternoon Sessions - 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
**Teachers can attend all sessions or pick and choose sessions to attend. For each session attended, teachers will receive a stipend of $37.50, and 0.3 technology CEU credits. Teachers must register to attend each session to ensure compensation. Please be reminded that the stipend is dependent upon attendance of sessions.**
Exciting Course Offerings
- Do-It-Yourself Professional Development: Using Social Networking and Professional Learning Networks (PLNs) To Become a More Connected Educator
- Global Awareness in the K-12 Classroom
- Making the Most of Your Teacher Webpage
- Managing and Creating Digital Content
- SAFARI Montage: a Learning Object Repository
- Cultivating Your Digital Footprint
- Getting to Know Your MacBook
- iBooks Author
- SMART Notebook 14
- Digital Resources at Your Fingertips
- Have You Googled Today?
- 7 Steps to Radically Raise Test Scores with Technology Rich, Proven Practices
- Bullying: The ONLY Answer to the Problem
- Blended Learning - Tearing Down the Classroom Walls
- Websites for Engaging Students & Flipping the Classroom!
- Don’t Waste Your Summer Being Wr’APP’ed Up in a Search For The Best Apps For Your Classroom: We’ve Got You Covered!
- Do It With Technology: Digital Tools for Formative Assessments
- Augmented Reality: Coming to a School Near You?
- Increasing Student Engagement through Technology
- What’s New and Cool with Google?
- Integrate Write to Learn through Web Tools
*View Course Offering Guide for complete course offerings.
Register to Attend
If you are a Certified Teacher and are interested in attending sessions during the Summer Technology Institute, you MUST register using the DCS Professional Development Calendar. Find the session(s) that you would like to attend and select the register button. Then complete the required information.
If you are Classified Staff (teacher assistant, substitute, other, etc.) and are interested in attending sessions during the Summer Technology Institute, please register by clicking here. Please note that classified staff are ineligible to receive the stipend for sessions attended.
Hurry, because space is limited!
**If sessions are full, please add your name to the waiting list, as we may open up the session for more attendees.**
**For all sessions, you will need to bring your MacBook Air. However, some courses have special requirements listed in the Course Offering Guide, so please make sure you review the requirements before attending. (If you are classified staff and do not have access to a MacBook Air, a device will be provided for your use during the sessions in which you are registered.) **