Phone: (910) 289-3667
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello and welcome to the 2020-2021 school year!
Thank you for stopping by my page. I am a third-year 4th-grade teacher at Rose Hill Magnolia Elementary. This year I will be teaching math to my homeroom as well as Grandy's and Manning's homeroom. I hold a Bachelor of Science Major in Elementary Education and a Minor in Psychology with honors. I am currently working on a Masters in History with an emphasis in Education.
Being a mother of three children, four grandchildren, and five fur babies is among my greatest joys. I am a resident of Pender County and love living in a rural area with fresh air and sunshine.
Please take a look at the link tab. There are many useful links that I encourage students to utilize. Also, it is highly recommended that you join Bloomz it is the classroom communication system that I use to stay up to date on important information. I will provide you with login information on that in the class syllabus. As we begin the year I want you to know that I am here for you and will work with you to ensure your child's needs are met in these trying times. Please log in to your child's Google Classroom account to view assignments that your child will be working on.
I am looking forward to working with you to make this year successful for your student. Please feel free to contact me anytime. I can best be reached by Bllomz or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Signing into your GoogleClassroom Account instructions:
Resource teachers information
PE and Health Teacher
My class schedule will be:
7:20-7:50 Students arrive, eat, use bathroom and do morning work
7:50-9:20 Math with Brinkley
9:20-10:50 ELA Mrs. Grandy will come to my room (I will be in Grandys room teaching math)
10:50-11:45 Lunch, recess, bathroom in my room
11:45-2:10 Students will go to Mrs. Mannings room for SS and Science
(1PM will be spent in a Google Meet with the remote students)
2:10 Students will come back to my room where the resource teacher of the day will come and teach
3:05 Beginning of strategic social distance release
Monday is health with Mr. Jata, Tuesday is PE with Mrs. Rivenbark, Wednesday is Art with Mr. Kelly, Thursday is Computers with Mrs. Picket, Friday is music with Mr. Arp.
- Understand how humans and technology affect the growth of NC. 4.G.1
- Understand the impact of various cultural groups in NC. 4.C.1
- Explain the causes of day and night and the phases of the moon. 4.E.1
- Understand food and the benefits of vitamins, minerals and exercise. 4.L.2
- Understand place value 4.NBT.1, 2, 4.
- Multiply or divide to solve problems using models or equations. 4.OA.1
- Multiply whole numbers. 4.NBT.5
- Determine factors and multiples: generate and analyze patterns. 4.OA.4
- Use the four operations with whole numbers to solve problems.
- I can use descriptive details and sequencing to write a narrative. W.4.3
- I can speak and write using proper grammar. L.4.1
- I can use appropriate punctuation. L.4.2
- I can clarify the meaning of unknown words. L4.4
- I can apply the use of nouns in writing and speaking. L.4.1
- I can apply the use of verbs in writing and speaking. L.4.1
- I can draw inferences from text. RL.4.1
- I can determine a theme. RL.4.2
- I can describe a character, setting, or event. RL.4.3
- I can determine the meaning of words or phrases. RL.4.4