Welcome to Sarah Lee's School Counseling Webpage!
At Rose Hill Magnolia, Eagles S.O.A.R
Eagles Show Self- Control
Eagles Offer Kindness
Eagles are Accountable
Eagles are Respectful
What is an Elementary School Counselor?
An Elementary School Counselor is a certified professional who works within a child's total environment to assist him/her in addressing their academic, behavioral, emotional and social needs.
What does the Elementary School Counselor do?
- Serves as a "friendly helper" for ALL students and works with students on an individual basis and in small groups
- Facilitates classroom guidance and counseling sessions, helps identify student needs, and assists in assessment of students with special needs
- Oversees Character Education initiatives at the elementary level
- Consults with parents, teachers, administrators, and community agencies and aids in coordinating referrals to outside agencies
With what types of things can a Counselor help?
· The School Counselor can provide support services to address a number of issues, including (though certainly not limited to) the following:
* Anger Management
* Coping Skills
* Parenting Skills
* Divorce/Changing Families
* Behavior Modification
* Friendship Skills
* Social Skills
* Conflict Resolution
* Grief and Loss
* Stress ManagementCounseling Referral Form: https://docs.google.com/a/
duplinschools.net/forms/d/1q0_ zbAZj-8DG4vwdy6FVa722AG8qkA_ V4Ea5VR05f5g/viewform?c=0&w=1& usp=mail_form_link