Welcome to Mrs. Stanley's 3rd Grade Class
Beulaville Elementary School Beginning Teacher Site Coordinator
Beulaville Elementary Teacher of the Year 2020-2021
Philosophy of Teaching
I believe in individual education plans where each student is met at their own level. Growth is planned through data and small group interaction. My philosophy is every child, every day. I feel like every child is important and each student in the classroom should be identified, met and encouraged to do their best. I also believe that students respond to different ways of teaching, so we as teachers should plan and implement a variety of teaching and learning styles.
To meet the needs of all students in my classroom, I practice the flipped classroom model. I plan individualized lessons and pre-record lessons to meet students' needs. Students use a padlet in Google Classroom to find their individualized lessons. I meet with students in small groups while other students work together in Google classroom or work on their individual lessons.
- University of North Carolina Wilmington, Wilmington, NC -Partnership Teacher: August 2018
- University of North Carolina Wilmington, Wilmington, NC - Leadership and Development In Learning- Centered Cognitive Coaching: December 2018
- Methodist University, Fayetteville, North Carolina - Cooperative Teacher Training: 2017
- East Carolina University, Greenville, NC- Initial Clinical Teacher Training: July 21, 2015
- East Carolina University, Greenville, NC- English as a Second Language -Licensure Only, Project Leap Participant 2010
- University of NC Wilmington, Wilmington, NC- Bachelor of Arts: Elementary Education Licensure 2006
- University of North Carolina Wilmington - Wilmington, NC CT3 Teacher Training Program Certifications: 2005
- Mount Olive College, Mount Olive, NC- Bachelor of Applied Science: Criminal Justice.
- Teaching Employment History
Duplin County Schools, Kenansville, NC 2006-2021
- Beulaville Elementary, Grade 3 Teacher, Teacher Mentor, Site Coordinator BT Program 2018-2021
- Wallace Elementary, Grade 3, Teacher, Teacher Mentor, Site Coordinator BT Program 2017-2018
- Wallace Elementary, Grade 1, Teacher, Teacher Mentor, Site Coordinator BT Program 2014-2017
- Wallace Elementary, Grade K, Teacher, 2012-2014
- Warsaw Elementary, Grade K, Teacher, 2006-2012
- Beulaville Elementary, Media Assistant, Reading Lab Assistant, 2000-2006
Awards and recognition
- Beulaville Elementary Teacher of the Year 2021
- Bright Ideas Grant Winner 2013-2014
- Bright Ideas Grant Winner 2010-2011
- Schools to Parks Program 2022-2023
3rd Grade Class!
All Assignments will be in Google Classroom under the classwork tab. Click on Lesson Plan for a particular date to view assignments and videos. Assignments are lined up on a padlet. Classwork will have a check off list for graded assignments and rubrics. Other assignments are on the Padlet for you to do. These items will help prepare students to read at a 3rd grade level. There are test preps and college readiness skills located in Google classroom. All assignments need to be completed by Friday each week. Remember you will have to navigate to other platforms for tests and materials. These platforms may include: Readworks, Flocabulary, Khan Academy, Ed, School Net ,Istation ,Epic Books,Ed. Schoolnet can be accessible in Google classrooms as well. Students will have access on the Padlet to Google Classroom for directions and teacher videos. If student Qr Codes are lost please message me and I will resend them. If you have not signed up for Remind, go to www.remind.com and put in the code @9h8ff2. This is the quickest way to reach me. I will send messages and reminders through this app. I can also be reached at email@example.com.
I will message you back within 24 hours.