National Board Certification Support Program
2021 - 2022 National Board Certification Support Program
The Watson College of Education's National Board Support Program continues to provide support sessions for candidates seeking their initial, advanced or renewal certification. Registration has opened for upcoming sessions. Please check the UNCW NB website for additional details and upcoming events!
Navigating the NBC Website: For Initial Candidates
- Use the website and resources found at www.boardcertifiedteachers.org
- Select the "For Candidates" tab.
- Click on the "First Time and Returning" tab.
- Select "Certificates, Standards, and Instructions" document. Here you can locate your certificate area you wish to pursue. Details on completing the Components are found here. The Level Four Rubric can be located within each component.
- When you are ready to apply for candidacy, select the "Get Started" tab on the Home page. Scroll down to find the 3-step process for applying. Save your Candidate ID Number. To apply for the state loan, apply at https://nbpts.dpi.state.nc.us/ after you apply for candidacy. Only pay the $75 registration fee.
For additional information please contact:
The Beginning Teacher Support Department
Take advantage of the resources available at www.nbpts.org/eportfolio:Guide to Electronic SubmissionElectronic Submissions at a GlanceVideo tutorialsAdditional tip documents
Last Modified on November 15, 2021