National Board Certification Support Program
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________Reimbursement Available for Duplin County Schools' NBC Initial CandidatesCandidates obtaining National Board Certification this year (2019-2020) will be eligible to receive reimbursement not to exceed the cost of the certification process. To be eligible for this reimbursement, candidates must agree to teach in Duplin County Schools for three years. Please contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
The following chart is applicable to candidates submitting components for scoring during the 2020-2021 Assessment Cycle:
Navigating the NBC Website: For Initial Candidates
UNC-W Offers National Board Information Session for CandidatesRegistration information, along with further details regarding support workshops for initial, advanced, and renewal candidates, can be found on our website: http://www.uncw.edu/ed/nbct/index.html
- Use the website and resources found at www.boardcertifiedteachers.org
- Select the "For Candidates" tab.
- Click on the "First Time and Returning" tab.
- Select "Certificates, Standards, and Instructions" document. Here you can locate your certificate area you wish to pursue. Details on completing the Components are found here. The Level Four Rubric can be located within each component.
- When you are ready to apply for candidacy, select the "Get Started" tab on the Home page. Scroll down to find the 3-step process for applying. Save your Candidate ID Number. To apply for the state loan, apply at https://nbpts.dpi.state.nc.us/ after you apply for candidacy. Only pay the $75 registration fee.
Take advantage of the resources available at www.nbpts.org/eportfolio:Guide to Electronic SubmissionElectronic Submissions at a GlanceVideo tutorialsAdditional tip documents
Last Modified on August 26, 2020