National Board Certification Support ProgramClick here to learn about National Board Certification today!
The Watson College of Education's National Board Support Program continues to provide support sessions for candidates seeking their initial, advanced, or renewal certification. Registration has opened for upcoming sessions. Please check the UNCW NB website for additional details and upcoming events!NBPTS has a new resource called HOMEROOM, which is a hub of sequenced resources and materials aimed at helping candidates navigate their NBPTS journey. Check it out today!
Navigating the NBC Website: For Initial Candidates
- Use the website and resources found at the National Board Website
- Select the "Certification" tab
- Click on "Candidate Center" in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and select "Learn More" under the section "First-time and Returning Candidate Resources"
- Here you can locate the certificate area you wish to pursue. Details on completing the Components are found here. The Level Four Rubric can be located within each component.
- When you are ready to apply for candidacy, select the "Get Started" tab on the Home page. Scroll down to find the 3-step process for applying. Save your Candidate ID Number. To apply for the state loan, apply here after you apply for candidacy. Only pay the $75 registration fee.
For additional information please contact:
The Beginning Teacher Support Team
Nicole Murray firstname.lastname@example.org
Natausha Hicks email@example.com
Kristen Kane firstname.lastname@example.org
Take advantage of the ePortfolio resources available: LinkGuide to Electronic SubmissionElectronic Submissions at a GlanceVideo tutorialsAdditional tip documents
Last Modified on December 18, 2023