Department of Public Relations & Grant WritingIf you need assistance with any information regarding Duplin County Schools, please contact
Dawn Craft, Executive Director of Administrative Services via
email at email@example.com or by phone at 910-296-6623 or
The Duplin County School's Department of Public Relations leads district and school marketing and communication efforts and offers collaborative services to departments to provide materials and information to parents and the community. This department also assists the Superintendent with crisis communication.
The DCS Public Relations Department tells the story of our school system and its students and employees through a variety of ways. We also work with news media to deliver timely and accurate information to all stakeholders. This department strives to support the school system’s mission, vision, and goals through effective communication strategies including:
Internal Relations to
Media Relations to
- Provide updates to employees
- Work with the Superintendent’s Office to communicate Board of Education News and other updates to employees
- Assist with Coordinating Events
- Serve as the district’s liaison to the media
- Communicate district news and events to media and plan media opportunities for reporters
- Proactively and strategically seek media exposure for district initiatives and school events
- Provide talking points as needed
- Coordinate crisis communication
- Write and facilitate district publications such as the annual report
- Ensure consistency of the use of the Duplin County Schools logo
- Act as a consultant to other departments as they produce publications
- Advise on the content and design of the district website
- Seek new ways of disseminating DCS information
This award-winning department has been recognized on the state level for writing, photography and publications. It has been the recipient of awards from the North Carolina School Public Relations Association.Duplin County Schools - Official LogoDCS wanted a logo representative of the spirit of the school system. The superintendent held a contest open to all DCS students. Almost 100 entries created by students from throughout the district. Staff members judged the logos and former Wallace-Rose Hill student Katlyn Moody’s design was chosen as the winner.Her logo tells the story of a unified school system serving students from Pre-K through 13th grade and it depicts students’ journey from the first day of school through graduation. The students are holding a banner declaring “Excellence Without Excuses,” indicative of the dedication to meet high expectations and dedication of the Board of Education and the entire DCS Family. The lamp of knowledge represents a focus on academics and an education designed to promote college, career, and life success for ALL students.
This is the only approved rendering of the DCS logo. No variations or modifications are permitted under any circumstances. Do not add to it or delete from it in any manner. The logo must be duplicated from authorized artwork and may not be redrawn, re-proportioned or modified.
Dawn S. Craft
Executive Director of Administrative Services